The Pre-Arrival Review System (PARS)
PARS is a Canadian Shipment Type for goods to clear through CBSA. It is the default Shipment Type for commercial goods arriving in Canada by highway carrier. That is, any goods transported by a highway carrier must clear under a PARS unless they qualify for another Shipment Type or other exemption. PARS stands for Pre-arrival Review System, and is designed to speed up the release or referral for examination process when the goods arrive in Canada by allowing Customs to review the broker's entry electronically prior to arrival
The Pre-Arrival Processing System (PAPS)
PAPS is a U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) border cargo release mechanism that expedites the release of commercial shipments while still processing each shipment through the Automated Commercial Environment (ACE), the Automated Commercial Shipment (ACS), and the Automated Targeting System (ATS).
Cargo Control A8A
The carrier code is combined with a unique shipment number (chosen by the carrier) to create a cargo control number.
The cargo control number is critical because it identifies both the carrier and shipment to the CBSA at the time of reporting and when release documents are presented.
The cargo control number is used in bar-code format. For example, the carrier code "XXXX" plus the unique shipment number "12345" creates a cargo control number that looks like this:
Certification & Safety
Automated Commercial Environment (ACE)
- U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) system designed tofacilitate legitimate trade while enhancing border security.
Advance Commercial Information (ACI) - This program introduces more effective risk management processes and tools to identify threats to our health, safety, and security prior to the arrival of cargo and conveyances in Canada.
We work with you to design an efficient, value-add solution for your unique distribution needs:
- Build a profile of your business including unique shipping requirements
- Perform logistics audits to analyze current practices
- Develop a detailed plan for your freight transportation
- Execute all customs procedures
- Truckload, LTL, LCV and small parcel transport services
Our on-site warehousing provides efficient accessibility to get your freight moving faster:
First-rate Inventory Management, Warehousing and Distribution, and Crossdock Services:
- 60,000 sq. ft. secure warehouse space
- Flexible facilities and equipment – Temperature controlled areas, racking systems, rail access, and specialized material handling equipment including over-dimensional
- Information technology – Track product movement in real-time, monitor inventory, enter orders remotely and access documents
- Security – A combination of technology and staff allow for controlled vehicle, employee and visitor access 24/7
- Value-added services – Order routing, light assembly, packaging, re-work, labelling, quality inspections, container shipping and de-stuffing, pick & pack services plus blocking and bracing for ocean shipments